HKCSS and WiseGiving Policy on Collecting Personal Data
The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (the "HKCSS") is an umbrella organization of over 330 non-governmental organizations ("NGOs") in Hong Kong. The purpose of establishing the WiseGiving website (the "WiseGiving") is to help the public better understand charitable works and to enhance NGOs’ charity accountability and transparency.
Collection of Personal Data
- The personal data you have provided to the HKCSS and WiseGiving will be treated as strictly confidential and will be used for purposes of receipting and disseminating e-newsletters. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal data provided, including the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request. Such requests should be made in the Data Access Request Form (No.OPS003 issued by the Privacy Commissioner) and sent to us by mail to the WiseGiving Office, The Hong Kong Council of Social Service, Room 1109, 11/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. By virtue of Section 20(3)(e) of the Ordinance, a data access request may be refused if it is not made in this Form.
- HKCSS will record visits to WiseGiving without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. Such statistics are collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems to help improve the services of WiseGiving.
- WiseGiving includes the online membership registration of WiseGiver function. To ensure your personal data being protected, HKCSS will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your authorization. Please refer to the Terms of Service of WiseGiver for details.
- Unless with your consent or permitted or required by law, HKCSS will not disclose your personal data to your designated beneficiary charities.
- If you do not want to receive any educational or promotional materials from HKCSS, WiseGiving or other charities, please notify WiseGiving Office through email or in writing.
- Search service on WiseGiving is provided. It does not collect personal identifiable information while serving search results through WiseGiving.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
WiseGiving Office, The Hong Kong Council of Social Service
Tel: 2876 2438
Fax: 2864 2991
Address: Room 1109, 11/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessey Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong