- The information provided by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) on WiseGiving website (WiseGiving) is for general reference only. Whilst HKCSS endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information, no express or implied warranty is given by HKCSS as to the accuracy of the information.
- All the data available for searching charities and licensed public fundraising activities at WiseGiving are obtained from the websites of Inland Revenue Department (IRD), Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD), Social Welfare Department, and the Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority (TELA). HKCSS updates the WiseGiving database regularly according to the information released by the above-mentioned authorities, usually within 3 working days as per their latest updates. To view the original sources of information, users may visit the following official websites:
IRD official website:
FEHD official website:
SWD official website:
The Office of the Licensing Authority (Under HAD) official website:
http://www.hadla.gov.hk/ (scroll down to view "Lottery License")
- WiseGiving lists out accountability information of charities, including governance, finances, fund raising practices, service quality and transparency. Such information is provided by the related charities and HKCSS has made verification of information before posting on WiseGiving. Users can make reference to these information and make decisions on whether to support the charities or not. HKCSS will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance by the charities on the donation. Users are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or in connection with this site and are advised to obtain independent advice before acting on it.
- To facilitate access by users to information provided by the charities, WiseGiving may provide or assist in providing links to external websites through its pages. Provision of, or assistance in providing, these links gives rise to no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that the HKCSS agrees or does not disagree with the contents of any such external sites. HKCSS will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever by any loss, destruction or damage, however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the contents of any such external websites delivered on or via WiseGiving.
- WiseGiving uses online translation software to translate the Traditional Chinese version into Simplified Chinese version. In case of discrepancies between these two versions, the Traditional Chinese version shall prevail. HKCSS will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever by any loss, destruction or damage, however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the Traditional Chinese version or the translated Simplified Chinese version delivered on WiseGiving.
- HKCSS expressly states that it has not approved nor endorsed the other information contained in or in connection with these sites. HKCSS does not accept any responsibilities for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with this website. HKCSS is entitled to delete, suspend or edit all information on this site at any time at its absolute discretion without giving any reason. Users are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or in connection with this site and are advised to obtain independent advice before acting on it.
- By using WiseGiving, you agree to accept unconditionally the terms of this Disclaimer and as they may be revised and/or amended from time to time by the HKCSS and WiseGiving without prior notice to you. Please check this page regularly for any revisions and/or amendments which may be made.
- This Disclaimer has been translated into Chinese. In case of discrepancies between the English version and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.