Achievements / Pioneer Projects
1)Professional free cancer support and hotline service, which serves over 64,000 users a year.
2) Established the first Cancer Patient Resource Centre at Queen Mary Hospital in 1992. There are now 6 Cancer Patient Resource Centres across all major public hospitals in Hong Kong.
3) Established the first CancerLink Support Centre in Wong Tai Sin in 1997, and opened another two centres subsequently in Central and Tin Shui Wai.
Pioneer projects :
1) In 1999, funded visual therapy project at Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital’s radiotherapy ward which helped to provide a more soothing environment for those undergoing radiotherapy.
2) Since 2008, a pioneer home care service was introduced for home-bound cancer patients who are weak and who live alone. Practical support is provided on a regular basis.
3) In 2009, the first Cancer Patient Acupuncture Centre was opened in Prince of Wales Hospital which used acupuncture to ease treatment-related symptoms for cancer patients.
Available disclosure of annual report, financial statement(s) or other publications
to the public
Uploaded on organisation website
(URL: http://www.cancer-fund.org/tc/about_report.html )